CRISPR/Cas9-Based Technology In The Treatment Of Human Diseases – Current Applications And Future Perspectives
Webinar hosted by Prof. Ibrahim Pirim
from İzmir Katip Çelebi University. Organ Transplantation Center, Izmir, Turkey.
1. Mechanism of CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing
• non-homologous end joining
• homology depended repair
2. Applications of CRISPR as therapeutics
• Cancer (cell transformation, utility in immunotherapy, modifying of targeted mutations)
• neurodegenerative disease
• Genetic blood diseases
• Viral disease (AIDs, COVID-19)
3. Delivery systems for CRISPR-cas9
4. CRISPR-based diagnostics
• Preamplification-free and reamplification strategies
5. Disease modelling
6. Precision medicine (mammalian genome-wide mutation libraries).